1. What is the advantage to shopping at DHW as opposed to other local salvage places?
We offer a larger selection and variety of items. We ogranize our inventory so it is easy to shop. All of our items are priced — but negotiable. We have a knowledgeable and friendly staff. We are the lowest prices around!
3. Do you sell to the public?
Yes, we are open to public.
4. Are your prices cheaper than new?
Yes, our prices are 25 – 90% off of new retail prices
5. Are your prices negotiable?
Yes, it just depends on the item. Some items are non-negotiable.
6. Do you allow returns?
No, all sales are final. Please be sure before you make your purchases
7. Where do you get your stuff?
Our inventory comes from residences all over North Texas, primarily the Metroplex, that are scheduled to be renovated, remodeled, demolished, etc…We salvage 3-6 houses a week, new items come in daily.
8. Do you know someone who can do the installation?
Yes, we can recommend local contractors
9. Can I tell you what I am looking for and you call me when it comes in?
Yes, we have a wish book and we can put your information in there and call you when the item comes in.
10. Do you warranty appliances, hot water heaters, etc…?
No, these items are used and we do check that they are in working order before we remove them from the house.
11. Do you deliver?
No, but we can give you the names of some reasonable local delivery companies and you have 5 days from the date of purchase to get your items picked up.
12. What is your return policy?
We ask that you bring your measurements with you when you come because we do not allow returns. In other words, all sales are final.
13. Do you have a “hold” policy?
Yes, if you see something that you’re interested in we will hold it for you for 24 hours.
14. I’m not a very visual person and I have a hard time imagining how an item from your place might work for me.
We are full of free ideas and we also have pictures of other clients’ projects. We also have decor books and magazines at your disposal.
15. Do you deliver?
No, we do not deliver items, but will hold them for 5 days after purchase until you can find the means to pick them up.
16. Do you have antiques in your inventory?
Yes, we do have antiques items in our inventory. Because of the nature of our business, where we may have only one of a particular item, we cannot guarantee that we have antiques in stock at all times.
17. I’m remodeling my home, will you work with my contractor?
Yes, we have many builders and contractors as regular customers — we are happy to work with anyone.
18. I live out of state, but might be interested in buying something from you. How would we arrange shipping?
We don’t ship – but we can help you to make your own shipping arrangements with a packing/shipping company
19. What if you don’t have what I’m looking for?
Chances are we will get it in — eventually. That is why we keep a wish list of our customer needs & wants. When that item comes in, we’ll call you.